Harmony for all.
Playing chord and chord progressions by ear is not just for the select few.
It’s available to you now, if you want to work for it.
Playing by ear and knowing what you’re hearing… why, it’s worth more than all the tabs and tutorials in the world, combined And you can extract the chords from a song you love yourself… if you know the way.
Episode 04 on Vertical Harmony shows the way. Using explanations that just make sense, that don’t rely on technical jargon, with fun homework, and audio examples of popular songs, take your ear and understanding of chords to the next level. Watch now below.
Download high-resolution WARRENMUSIC Chord Numeral flash cards here, completely FREE.
Buy the entire module now, without risk: if you aren’t satisfied, you can ask for your money back.
Here’s the breakdown of the entire module:
- E00 — Teaser
- E01 — What Is Harmony?, Visual Aid*
- E02 — Intro To Basic Harmony, Visual Aid and Interval Chart*
- E03 — Thirds, Triads, and the WARRENMUSIC Grid System, Visual Aid and Homework*
- E04 — Diatonic Harmony, Vertical (Root Position, Inversions, Other Voicings), Visual Aid and Harmony Song Puzzles*
- E05 — Diatonic Harmony, Horizontal (Broken Chords, Chord Progressions, Real World Chord Progressions), Visual Aids and Homework 1, 2, and 3*
- E06 — Towards Playing By Ear (The Harmonic Process, and Harmony Song Puzzles), Visual Aid*
- E07 — Listen (Matching), Visual Aid (Slides)*
- E08 — Listen (Relating), Visual Aid (Slides), Homework 1, and 2 + Relating Reference Chart*
- E09 — Listen (Feeling), Visual Aid (Slides), Homework 1 and 2*
- E10 — Conclusion: The Relationship Between Music Theory and Ear-Training, Songs Are Still Your Teacher (Expanded Song Puzzles), and Looking Ahead (7th Chords, Upper Extensions, Modulation, Chromatic Harmony, Chord Naming)*
*To interact with the Visual Aids and Homework I’ve created, just click “File,” then click “Make a copy…” then voilà! Enjoy the entire Harmony Module today.
Get to the next level.
Playing by ear and knowing what you’re hearing… that’s musicianship. And musicianship is what enables me to do what I do. To break apart Radiohead, Bon Iver, Minus the Bear, James Blake, Sigur Rós, and all of my favorite artists’ music into bite-sized, easy to manage chunks. Musical fragments and ideas that I can use to re-create the song, re-contextualize, or do new things with.
That’s what it takes to get to the next level.
To translate raw sound into tangible scale degrees, chord numerals, and units of time. It can be done.
And I’ll show you how if you let me.
If you give this series a shot, I promise, it won’t let you down.
- Skills you can use to work out real world chords and chord progressions by ear
- Working knowledge of Diatonic Harmony via popular songs, fun demonstrations, and digestible music theory breakdowns
- Introduction to Chord Numerals expanding The WARRENMUSIC Grid**
- 10 in-depth episodes ranging from 10-40 minutes in length
- Lifetime access
- Visual Aids
- Audio Examples
- Worksheets (Song Puzzles)
- Interactive Tools
- Access to Members-Only Harony Module Forum
- Direct help from fellow learners and Warren