Friends of WARRENMUSIC,
I’m extremely proud to announce we just finished uploading the final cut of the Harmony Module. Watch the teaser for it right now.
The Music You Love, and the Music You Make… Bridging the gap between the two is now more possible than ever. Take control of your musicianship in a whole new way, all while working at your own pace, and be among the first to preview the entire Harmony Module today.
Thank you to those of you who pre-ordered the Harmony Module for making this possible with your early support.
The next iteration of the website is nearing completion. Update your bookmarks: we have moved to warrenmusic.xyz as a permanent home for the series. Each video has its own page and comments section to feel more seamless.
- E00 — Teaser
- E01 — What Is Harmony?, Visual Aid* AVAILABLE FOR FREE
- E02 — Intro To Basic Harmony, Visual Aid and Interval Chart* AVAILABLE FOR FREE
- E03 — Thirds, Triads, and the WARRENMUSIC Grid System, Visual Aid and Homework* AVAILABLE FOR FREE
- E04 — Diatonic Harmony, Vertical (Root Position, Inversions, Other Voicings), Visual Aid and Harmony Song Puzzles* AVAILABLE FOR FREE
- E05 — Diatonic Harmony, Horizontal (Broken Chords, Chord Progressions, Real World Chord Progressions), Visual Aids and Homework 1, 2, and 3*
- E06 — Towards Playing By Ear (The Harmonic Process, and Harmony Song Puzzles), Visual Aid*
- E07 — Listen (Matching), Visual Aid (Slides)*
- E08 — Listen (Relating), Visual Aid (Slides), Homework 1, and 2 + Relating Reference Chart*
- E09 — Listen (Feeling), Visual Aid (Slides), Homework 1 and 2*
- E10 — Conclusion: The Relationship Between Music Theory and Ear-Training, Songs Are Still Your Teacher (Expanded Song Puzzles), and Looking Ahead (7th Chords, Upper Extensions, Modulation, Chromatic Harmony, Chord Naming)*
*To interact with the Visual Aids and Homework I’ve created, just click “File,” then click “Make a copy…” then voilà! Watch here/your inbox/your YouTube subscription for the release of the next episode!
This is, by far, the most ambitious project I’ve ever attempted. Bigger than my YouTube covers, my now-defunct band, perhaps even greater than my solo album, which is still in the works. But as challenging as it’s been, it would be an even greater burden to keep quiet about this whole thing. To help you get more out of the music you love has become one of my life’s dreams! To help you go beyond tabs, beyond tutorials, and… inward? Yes! Inward, to developing your own ear. To establishing your own understanding of music.
If you hit any roadblocks, know that I’m right there with you, pushing myself to my limits, too. Not only with the scope of this project, but every day with my ear-training, and my understanding of music as well.
All the best,
P.S. Remember, you can also find me on Skype for private tutoring, or learn your favorite songs with me via custom tutorials and chord charts.
*Rhythm Module is available as a pre-order. Melody and Harmony are available for access today.
- Skills you can use to work out real world chords and chord progressions by ear
- Working knowledge of Diatonic Harmony via popular songs, fun demonstrations, and digestible music theory breakdowns
- Introduction to Chord Numerals expanding The WARRENMUSIC Grid**
- 10 in-depth episodes ranging from 10-40 minutes in length
- Lifetime access
- Visual Aids
- Audio Examples
- Worksheets (Song Puzzles)
- Interactive Tools
- Access to Members-Only Harony Module Forum
- Direct help from fellow learners and Warren