Filipe recently purchased the Melody Module and I asked him for initial impressions of the videos and for feedback. Instead, what I received was a much more interesting story of personal discovery on how replicating a song really misses the point.
“The biggest leap was when I came upon your Radiohead tutorials. In one of those (I don’t remember which one) you casually point out that students shouldn’t worry about playing a song exactly how they sound on the record, Radiohead never played a song exactly the same way twice and neither should we. That’s when I subscribed to your youtube page and liked you on facebook, and really it’s what stands you apart from all the other teachers I found on the net. They all focus on showing how to play perfectly (and some are quite good at it), while you made me understand the songs.”
*Rhythm Module is available as a pre-order. Melody and Harmony are available today.
- Lifetime access to Melody, Harmony, and Rhythm Modules (Rhythm pre-order, TBA 2020)
- Skills you can use to work out real world melodies, chords and chord progressions, and real world rhythmic patterns by ear
- Working knowledge of the Major Scale, Diatonic Harmony, Meter, Syncopation, Swing/Shuffle, and much more via popular songs, fun demonstrations, and digestible music theory breakdowns
- Introduction to Scale Degrees, Chord Numerals, the Time Unit Box System, and The Complete WARRENMUSIC Grid**
- 30 in-depth episodes ranging from 10-40 minutes in length
- Visual Aids
- Audio Examples
- Worksheets (Song Puzzles)
- Interactive Tools
- Access to Members-Only Melody, Harmony, and Rhythm Module Forums
- Direct help from fellow learners and Warren
- Cancel anytime and receive a full refund if you don’t think it’s worth the purchase price.
Tagged: Ear Training, Guitar Lessons, Music Lessons, Music Theory, Musicianship